Wednesday, January 8, 2014

If I had a Vote...

Since the announcement for the MLB Hall of Fame is going to be to released later today I thought I would give it a shot at the vote for the Hall. The players that would get my vote would be:

Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Frank Thomas, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Edgar Martinez, and Jack Morris.

The obvious names are going to make it with Maddux, Glavine, and Thomas. The DH position since it has been a legit position for a while now it is time to put one of the greatest hitters of all time into the Hall so that's my nod for Martinez and for Thomas for that matter. The two names I can see me catching heat for are Bonds and Clemens.

Let me explain my vote for Bonds and Clemens. Both players at the peak of their career when they were young (Clemens with the Red Sox and Bonds with the Pirates) already had Hall of Fame credentials. Bonds had 400 home runs and 400 stolen bases to go along with 8 Gold Gloves and 3 MVPs all before he transformed his body into a walking building. While Clemens had 3 Cy Young awards and an MVP award (which is difficult for a pitcher to win) all of this before 1992. Oh and he had 1,665 strikeouts in that span with an astonishing 291 strikeouts in 1988. I don't care what these guys did late in their career to add more time to their careers all I know is that at their peak they were the best players in the league and that's what the Hall is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment